CALL FOR WORK
Call For Work: SUPER BLOOM
High desert dwellers are excitingly anticipating the super bloom that awaits us after this long wet winter. You can already see the landscape turning green, the flowers forming buds, the mountain snow is melting and water run-off is trickling down. Happy Spring! JTAG invites MBCAC members to exhibit artwork that captures the vibrant colors of spring and our gratitude for water.
Interested in participating? Please review the guidelines below and fill out this online form here https://bit.ly/2023MarchMembersExhibition
Please remember that filling out the online form saves our volunteers so so so so much time and headache in creating labels, confirming artist's names for promotions, helps to avoid misspellings, and reduces our stress levels so much as reading your handwriting can be hard. We really appreciate you taking the time to enter the information and always reach out via email email@example.com if you are having trouble with the online form so we can help make this all a little easier to manage for everyone.
Exhibition Dates: April 1 - 30, 2023
Gallery Hours: Fridays 11 am - 3 pm, Saturdays 9 am - 3 pm and Sundays Noon - 3 pm
Second Saturday Gallery Walk: Saturday, April 8, 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Drop off dates: Sunday March 26, 4 - 6 pm, Thursday March 30, 10 - 12 pm
Pick Up dates: Sunday April 30, 3 - 5 pm and Monday May 1, 10 am - 12 pm
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOW ONLY ACCEPTING FLAT ARTWORK TO BE HUNG ON THE WALLS. We no longer have space for additional sculptures.
– Artists must be a current member of the MBCAC. Become or renew your membership at www.mbcac.org or when dropping off your artwork.
– There is a $20 exhibition fee per piece to participate.
– Artists can exhibit up to 3 pieces of artwork.
– We kindly ask each artist to sign up for one 3-hour gallery sitting shift to be arranged on intake day. Artists can pay a $25 gallery sitting fee if unable to gallery sit.
– All wall-hung artwork must have hanging hardware (i.e., d-rings, wire, cleats, saw tooth brackets, etc.) For the safety of your artwork, resting a canvas frame on nails alone does not count as hardware.
– Size limit: Up to 48" height x 48" width max for wall art.PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOW ONLY ACCEPTING FLAT ARTWORK TO BE HUNG ON THE WALLS. We no longer have space for additional sculptures.
– Please have a label on the back of the artwork that includes: Artist Name, Title, Year, Medium, Size (height x width x depth) and Sale Price.
– Artists will sign a simple consignment agreement when dropping off the artwork. If you'd like to fill out you form before you can download a PDF HERE.
– MBCAC will retain a 20% commission and will collect sales tax for all sales.
– You will be contacted if your piece sells, and you may replace it with an additional piece.
– Artwork will be installed at the discretion of the MBCAC board.
– MBCAC reserves the right to refuse any work not suitable for the exhibition.
– MBCAC will not be responsible for loss, theft or damage to the work of art submitted.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.