The MBCAC relies on volunteers to help with the many programs we offer. From board positions (some of which include a stipend) to general help around the galleries, we are always looking for people interested in contributing. Below are some of the current roles that are now open. Please apply using the form at the bottom of this page.
(For all other non-position issues, please contact us here.)
We are currently looking for the following positions:
The role of the treasurer is to oversee all financial health and viability of the organization, including but not limited to:
• Working with the bookkeeper to ensure all revenue and disbursements are properly processed, and forms filed, to ensure the continued financial health of the organization.
• Work with directors and committees to make sure that income and expenses within programs are submitted to the bookkeeper for processing in a timely manner.
• Oversee budgets for all programs, and work with program directors when necessary.
• Present a financial report at monthly board meetings and alert the board to any financial concerns.
• Confirm that any person being compensated in return for work done on behalf of the organization, or is eligible for a stipend has signed a contract agreement before the work starts.
• Assist the bookkeeper if necessary when a request for a W-9 is necessary prior to sending payment to an artist or contractor.
This is a volunteer position.
The Morongo Basin Cultural Arts Council (MBCAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. MBCAC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at MBCAC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. MBCAC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. MBCAC encourages applicants of all ages.